Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3/10/09

I think I managed to figure out something today. The reason I'm not married anymore has nothing to do with the fact that my ex-wife and I couldn't stand living together. Oh no, not at all. The real reason is that I never surrendered my gonads. It turns out that you can't have those if you want to be married... or something. So I was rolling along today, listening to sports radio and trying to find something interesting. Basketball pretty much sucks as far as I'm concerned. The hockey playoffs aren't here yet. The only news out of the World Baseball Classic has to do with Alex Rodriguez and his hip. But there is sunlight just over the horizon. Notre Dame's spring game is next month. That's always fun. At some point in the day my brother called to shoot the breeze for a bit. I mentioned the upcoming season for the Irish. The topic of the spring game came up. And the hemming and hawing began.

A wedding shower? Is this for real? Men really go to wedding showers? Apparently his castration has predated his wedding by a few months and now he's going to bail on the Blue and Gold game. Pitiful. He wrapped up by saying that he would try to get his fiancée to move the shindig to Sunday so he could go to the game on Saturday. I'm pretty sure we know how that one will turn out. I've honestly never heard of a man going to a wedding shower before.

My other brother says that he's going to the game, but he tends to bail out at the last minute. My buddy who usually goes to these things seems to be pretty broke these days. I won't be counting on him. Pretty much everybody else around me hates Notre Dame. Screw 'em. I'll go down there and tailgate by myself. I don't give a damn.

Men really go to wedding showers?

Anyhow, leaving the whole manhood debate aside, I had a pretty easy day of driving today. I was rolling up the highway when I got a text message reminding me that I was supposed to participate in an online focus group tonight at 8:30pm. I hadn't been apprised of the content to be discussed but I did remember agreeing to participate. I got off the road in time to sign on and see what was what. Oh the excitement! We spent an hour discussing two ads relating to margarine spreads. Eh, what the hell, why not? Twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

So I'll have a little bit of ground left to cover before tomorrow afternoon's delivery. I'll be able to see better though, since it did rain enough to wash the bugs off my window tonight. That's always a bonus.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, we're going with the man card.Wasn't it you a scant three days ago that refused the company of a woman at a truck stop. Apparently your brother does not want to feel the wrath of a divorced woman in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until some yardapes come along,castration is only the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth, I've never heard of a man going to a wedding shower before either. Seems pretty strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I get some offsets then, a la Al Gore. I polluted my manhood by wussing out with that chick, but it doesn't really count since I never let any woman decide whether or not I was going to a football game.

    I don't know if kids could make it any worse. The dude goes to wedding planning events and shit. The shower is just the latest installment. I seem to recall my involvement in that process consisting of two things - nodding my head and signing checks with too many zeroes on the end.

    I'm undeterred. I'll drink twenty beers and grill a few steaks by my damn self. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nation is becoming pussified. And no, real men don't go to wedding showers. They go to the gun range.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh previous message from ffourby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I freshen up my mangina, put on my Bro, and wearing only my tighty whities walk into all my wedding showers with my head held high and my dick tucked under.

    What in the world do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do a whole lot of nothing, mainly. But I'll be damned if I ever pass up a football game for a wedding shower.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.