Saturday, February 21, 2009

2/21/09

Which do you suppose is more demanding - driving a truck for almost seven hours or trying to keep up with the audiobook version of Ulysses, narrated by some Irish guy, for almost seven hours? This damn book is wearing me out man. I can't ever seem to figure out who in the hell is talking until we've moved on to the next scene and someone else starts talking. After a bunch of CD's I remember maybe four or five bits, if I'm lucky. I'm probably going to have to end up reading this book the old fashioned way.

The drive itself was quite simple. Down and out of Alabama, across Mississippi, and across Louisiana before I parked it for the night. I covered well over half my miles for the weekend so I'll only have 250 or so left for tomorrow.

1,589 miles plus my $17.50 for the yard check and we call it a week. Anybody want to hit my truck tonight and cost me a few more dollars? Yeah I'm still talking to you, US Xpress. I know you're out there.

So, people are always asking me how they can get onto CBS for a few minutes. (Of course nobody has ever asked me that. Just work with me here.) I believe I have the formula.

1) Be really attractive
2) Have a somewhat endearing southern accent
3) Trot out an old Steve Forbes stimulus idea and present it as your own
4) Make one (yes, one) YouTube video
5) Be really attractive

And that's all there is to it...

(Exit question: Is Bob thinking dirty thoughts at 3:18? He's awfully fidgety when they switch back to the wide angle.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.