Monday, February 16, 2009

2/16/09

If I take a lot of naps, does this make me nappy? I don't want to get any radio hosts fired or anything but I'm wondering about that one. I don't know.

Everything was pretty easy this morning. I had to call a phone number from a sign on the consignee's fence when I got out of bed. The friendly lady on the phone told me which dock to use. Once I backed in, a fella came out and took the bills from me. He brought out my signed copy when he was done and said that I was welcome to park on the far side of the parking lot while I waited for my next assignment. Nice and simple.

My hypothesis about having a lot of trucks in Missouri appeared to be a non-issue, as I was #1 on the board at the time. My hypothesis about having a lot of freight in the area was unfortunately wrong as well. After a nice long nap I got my next assignment. I had to bounce over into Illinois and stage at the ConWay yard in Salem for a run going to Atlanta tomorrow. That's a good eight or nine hours of work for tomorrow but today wasn't too profitable. Still off to a better start than last week though.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joe:

    Just a suggestion.......

    How bout, next to the date you put the town / state, you at typin your blog from.. So retards like myself can figure out where your starting your day !!

    Gooseman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the suggestion, but it won't really work with the blog format that I'm using. In order to get the town to show up with the date it would have to go in the post title. I like to use the date as the post title to avoid muddying up that column on the right.

    Aside from getting into that field, I would just be putting the location in the body of the post. That's basically what I do now anyway.

    Anyhow, thanks for stopping by and I do appreciate the feedback. If I decide to change formats in the future, I'll take the suggestion under advisement.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.