Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11/4/08

Through the course of my rather uninteresting adult life, several chapters of my story have seemed to involve cute little bartenders. Some chapters were happier than others, but the bartender/waitress angle seems to be a recurring theme. Last night, following the Redskins' effort to disappoint an entire nation... no new chapter was written. Damn. Can't blame a guy for trying.

So instead of a lovely nightcap for the evening, I did what any mildly buzzed 32 year old man would do. I started driving around and placing political signs on the lawns of unsuspecting relatives. Hey, what can I say? I'm easily amused. Once I made my way back home I was ready for bed, so that worked out pretty well.

The voting lines today were not nearly as bad as advertised, but definitely longer than usual. I think I was voter #110 last time around, at 6:30pm. Today I was #419 at 12:30pm. After standing in line for an hour and a half, listening to my fellow voters discuss the issues, I'm pretty sure higher turnout is not such a great thing for this country. Those who were voting the same as I was... sounded completely stupid. Those who were not voting the same as I was... sounded completely stupid. Some people probably should just stay home. It was truly troubling to me, so I disappeared into a game of Monopoly on my cell phone and tried to tune them out. I guess that makes me a political snob or something. I don't know.

Now I suppose I'll head over to my brother's house and watch the returns coming in. If I'm gonna be crying in my beer, I might as well be among friends.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your little dream didnt come true. Hope the results of the vote are what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the economy in turmoil it seems like you're still running pretty good out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The results of the vote... yeah, well, anyway...

    I think the economic slowdown hits the LTL end of the business before it gets to us. I don't really have any detailed knowledge of the industry, but I know that Con-way revised its earnings estimate downward for the 4th quarter.

    On my end I seem to be running at or slightly ahead of last year's pace. Taking almost half of November at home will slow me down a little, but we'll see how the rest of the year goes.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.