Sunday, November 2, 2008

11/2/08

On the heels of last night's miserable drive home from South Bend and the sorrow-drowning barrage of beers that followed, I felt good and shitty this morning. I soldiered on though. Although I can't say that I did a whole lot today, I managed to seem busy for most of the time.

I got a chance to see An American Carol at the cheap show. Eh, not so terrible, but not too great either. About as expected I guess.

Then I stopped by to see an old friend and his parents. His mother is 98 years old (or thereabouts). Since she calls me "very handsome," I'm willing to disregard the doctors' claims that she's legally blind. Then my friend and I went out for a ridiculously overindulgent dinner. I swear I need to go without eating for two weeks after every trip home, just to get back on track. That's the standard routine for everyone you haven't seen in a while - "Let's get some lunch" or "let's get some dinner" or "let's get together for a drink" or whatever. Man, I fatten up in a hurry around here.

Anyhow, we shot the shit for a while before I drove him back home. He is a semi-retired minister, so I hold out a little hope that he can compensate for some of my personal lack of goodness. Probably not, but it never hurts to hang around decent people once in a while.

Now I actually feel like I could sleep for a few days. Guess I'll see what frosty cool refreshment might remain in the fridge. There has to be something good in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.