Monday, September 8, 2008

9/8/08

After getting up and pulling my trailer over to the broker, I wound up hanging around the terminal all day. I guess freight is pretty slow so far this week. By 7pm, I had only made it to #23 on the board. Sometimes being highlighted to go home has its priveleges though. A load came in, bound for Canada, so I jumped everyone and got my assignment.

The drive up I-35... well, it wasn't that bad. I actually got through San Antonio and Austin at the speed limit. Then... stop. There was construction in Austin's northern suburbs and we were down to one lane. It wasn't terribly long, but I'm still looking for that elusive trip along Satan's Driveway with no delays. Maybe next time.

The dispatcher was originally going to put me in Taylor by 8am Thursday. That didn't sound too cool to me though, since I had been up all day and really didn't feel like pushing myself to cover a lot of ground. There is no appointment for the Canadian leg of the run yet, so he kicked me back to 3pm on Thursday. That's a little better. I was able to get up to Lancaster tonight and I can knock out three reasonable driving shifts from here. Then it will be off to Chicago and South Bend for the all-important sporting festivities of the weekend.

As a good lesson in the cost of procrastination, I didn't lift weights last night and it's raining tonight. Guess we'll have to skip an off day this week. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.