Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9/10/08

Four One score and a dozen years ago my father brought forth on this continent a new boy, conceived in Michigan, and dedicated to the proposition that not all beers are created equal...

Yeah, one of those days where you get a bunch of calls from people who really don't have much to say, but you are supposed to pretend to have a conversation for at least a few minutes. I don't know. It's nice I guess.

Most of today's drive was through rural terrain so the traffic was light. There was some kind of issue in Missouri that forced us off the highway for a few miles. Then the Illinois scales... I don't even know what was going on at the Illinois scales. By the time all was said and done, that was fifteen minutes that I'll never get back. When I got to Brazil, I heard SubWay calling my name. By the time I ate my sandwich and sat for a while, driving further tonight didn't sound so appealing.

I'll take my eight hours here and then clear Indy before the morning rush. Then another two hour break will get me plenty of hours to reach home base and that will be that.

In honor of that great moment in time at 10:10am on this date during our country's glorious bicentennial, I will quote two great philosophers - Mr. Preston and Mr. Logan. "Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes."

6 comments:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.