Wednesday, August 27, 2008

8/27/08

So my little split break experiment was perfectly timed... for overnight road work on the north side of Austin. Freaking I-35. After finishing up the other end of the break, the trip into Laredo was nice and easy.

I had a couple of choices coming out of Laredo. I could take a load back up I-35 to the Dallas suburbs for tomorrow morning. That one sounds bad by default, for obvious reasons. Or I could take one to Houston for tomorrow morning. The miles were shorter on the Houston run, but it came with a pre-planned load heading back to Laredo. The dispatcher seemed to think that there should be plenty of freight for the weekend down there. So I'm headed to Houston. Hopefully I can get some decent miles over the long weekend once I get back to Laredo.

I was in Laredo for an eight hour stretch to get me another leg of driving and use up the rest of my hours under the 70 hour rule. I got to Beeville tonight, where I can take ten hours and get out of the split by tomorrow. I'll have an early morning of driving in order to get to Houston, so I guess it's bedtime.

2 comments:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.