Friday, May 30, 2008

5/30/08

Let's see...

Rolled into the consignee at 5am, got a dock right away. (Thumbs up)
Had to get a Comcheck and hire a lumper. (Thumbs down)
Got empty by 6am when my appointment time was 7am. (Thumbs up)
Someone was already on the board, so I was #2. (Thumbs down)
Found a parking spot at the local truck stop. (Thumbs up)
It was next to a reefer. (Thumbs down)
Got enough time to take my two-hour break and complete my split. (Thumbs up)
Got enough time for about ten more two-hour breaks before my next pickup. (Thumbs down)
A thousand miles for the weekend. (Thumbs up)
Twenty-five miles today. (Thumbs down)
Lots of movies on my hard drive. (Thumbs up)
Plenty of time to watch them all. (Thumbs down)
Somehow managed to squeak over 2,000 miles and around $950 for the week, including the extras. (Thumbs up)
Have to loan my employer $50 until next week, when I get my reimbursement for the lumper. (Thumbs down)
Will be far enough from home to make a few bucks on the way back up, after I put in my request on Monday. (Thumbs up)
I'll be in Florida, where freight can be sketchy to say the least. (Thumbs down)
Someone is streaming the Tigers tonight and I have a fast connection. (Thumbs up)
They'll probably lose, since they never win their first game after traveling. (Thumbs down)

So I don't know. I guess you can flip a coin. Some good news, some bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.