Wednesday, May 28, 2008

5/28/08

All roads lead to Hazleton. At least on nights when I'm cruising through Pennsylvania and in need of a place to park they do. Another night behind the good old industrial park it is.

I headed over to the shipper this afternoon and checked in with the lady in the office. She told me that my trailer was being loaded when I got there, around 2pm. So I dropped my empty and parked off to the side. I got my loaded trailer... at 8pm. They didn't start loading it until 7pm, right when it was scheduled. Oh well. I had hoped to get rolling early so I could cover more ground tonight and still have a shot at parking somewhere. No such luck. So, by the time I got rolling down I-81, it became apparent that my old standby would have to be home for the night.

On the positive side (glass half full and whatnot), the traffic across Connecticut was quite a bit lighter than normal by the time I got there. The load is a reasonable 20,000 pounds, so the hills aren't kicking my ass too badly. The Red Wings and Tigers both played tonight, so I had some radio entertainment to help pass the time. Good enough.

I'll have to put in a long day of driving tomorrow, hopefully getting settled in somewhere in the Indianapolis area. My delivery is set for Friday morning at 7am in Greenwood.

I guess I'll stay out and grab one more run from there before I request time off. That should get me home next week and I might actually be able to catch a ballgame when the Tigers get back to town. I thought about heading home either before or after my current run, but it's been a pretty shitty week mileage-wise. I need to bank a few more bucks. I guess that my $60 for the holiday and (God willing, if the folks at CTL do their jobs) my $180 in layover pay will mitigate some of the shortfall. I sent my layover request this morning, but I never get a response so it's anybody's guess whether or not it will be on my check.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.