Thursday, May 29, 2008

5/29/08

Well, there were two basic choices for me to make today and, by golly, I think I did pretty well.

First was whether to run I-80 across Pennsylvania and then angle down toward Columbus or to stay on I-81 down to the turnpike and then go straight across to I-70. Survey says... southern route. Good call. I rolled through Harrisburg and Carlisle with no delays, then turned west and enjoyed a pretty easy day of driving.

Second was how to time my breaks vis a vis traffic and parking. I was getting pretty tired by the time I reached the last rest area before Columbus, so I decided to duck in for an eight hour break here. That should put me at the consignee early enough to get another two hours off and complete the split, plus I'll roll through Columbus and Dayton in the middle of the night. I should get past Indy before traffic gets too heavy there too. Good call (at least so far).

I got a message today saying that I had been paid $120 in layover pay. I suppose that someone disagreed with my logic in this post, although it seems to me that I got it right. Whatever man. At least it was paid in a timely fashion. I still think that they make up the rules as they go along sometimes. Anyway, that should help the week's pay catch up a little. Now if I can just get a decent weekend run, we'll be in business.

I think I might vote for this bird in November, given the current choices out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.