Sunday, May 11, 2008

5/11/08

If you live in the state of Louisiana, there's a pretty good chance that I said some nasty things about you today. Sorry about that. Even if you weren't driving, there comes a point when my anger at incompetent drivers becomes expanded to include pretty much everyone they've ever met. The people who haul ass in the left lane to keep me from moving around a slower vehicle and then slow down next to me - there's a special place in hell for you.

Sundays usually come with pretty light traffic, but that wasn't the case today. I-10 and I-12 were pretty packed. I fired up The Grapes of Wrath before I left this morning, so at least I had something to divert my attention from the road rage. I burned that one onto CDs a long time ago and never listened to it. By the time I stopped for the night in Orange, I had made it through seven and a half discs, so the rest should carry me to Laredo and then some. The talk on the radio lately has gotten to be quite stale, so it's good to switch things up sometimes.

On that note, how can we really bitch about our lives in the year 2008? I know it's just a book, but for Christ's sake, that stuff actually happened. Now it's a tragedy if people have to come up with a 20% down payment on a mortgage? This country is losing its sense of perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.