Monday, May 12, 2008

5/12/08

Today was more leisurely than the last couple have been. I made sure to stay up late last night so I would sleep late this morning. That way I would get rolling after rush hour was over in Houston. That worked pretty well. Then I had plenty of time for a nap in Ganado and a dinner break in George West. I was due in Laredo at something like 4:22am tomorrow, so I took my time and got here around 8:30pm locally, after the traffic had died down for the day.

In the inspection bay, I got a bit of good news. The load had instructions to hold it at the terminal until the consignee provided further guidance. That meant that I could drop it and be done with it. Beauty.

I headed inside to drop off my paperwork and get on the board. The guy in there saw that I was holding bills and said that I needed to deliver the load after 9am tomorrow. I informed him of the aforementioned instructions from the inspection bay. He fiddled around with his computer for a few minutes, found the note saying that the load stays here, and signed my receipt for me. I was #9 when I got on the board, so that sounds pretty good too. I should be on my way out of here tomorrow morning. Now if they can give me something that won't take me up I-35, I'll be a happy camper.

I hooked onto the IdleAire internet service from the CalArk terminal across the street so I could watch the third period of the hockey game. My Sprint service is too slow here, so for $4.50 I can buy a day of higher speed. The Wings have now put yet another ass-kicking on Dallas. Nice. I'm sticking to my guns on the Detroit trifecta this year. The Wings and Pistons are doing their part. As bad as they seem to suck so far, the Tigers are only four and a half games back as I write this. We'll get there Pop. We'll get there.

2 comments:

  1. Detroit trifecta, I don't think so.
    The NBA east is a weaker conference than the more competitive NBA West. Whoever wins the NBA West will win the NBA finals.
    I would be happy to see my San Antonio Spurs win the NBA West but they have not done too well against the Hornets.

    On another note Vito, I enjoy reading your daily blog posts. Your blog is not the typical angry and/or whiny trucker blog. Keep up with the blog.

    Tron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do appreciate the feedback. I imagine I do my share of bitching on here (never actually read the blog myself), but I tend to have a 'big picture' view of things. I guess that comes with being "the boss" from the time I was 19 years old until I took this gig.

    On to the more important topic... I guess you don't claim the Stars once you get south of Waco, eh? I won't pretend to know the first thing about the NBA. I'll just quote that paragon of objective journalism, Keith Olbermann, from his days at ESPN. "They don't play the games on paper. They play them inside TV sets."

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.