Friday, March 14, 2008

3/14/08

So I'm laying there at WalMart and reading about the latest shitstorm to hit poor old Obama when my satellite system beeps at me. 90 miles today. Bummer.

I had to stay there until my ten hour break was up, then deadhead to South Bend and stage for a ConWay load to leave early tomorrow morning. I'll be running up to Manchester, New Hampshire and delivering Monday morning at 5am. That will kick the miles a little over 2,000 for the week. Not a great week, but given the way last weekend's run left me hamstrung I guess it could be worse. If we were still on the semi-monthly pay, it would look pretty good for the first half of March. So it helps to keep some perspective.

I dropped my empty at the ConWay yard and then went into town for some dinner. A night without a trailer is a good chance to get out and break up the routine. So, back at the yard, I guess I'll try to sleep tonight (flipping day and night one more time this week).

My directions specifically state that there is no overnight parking at the ConWay yard in Manchester. Yeah, one big happy family, right? Just keep the bastard stepchildren out while you're closed for the weekend. It looks like I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that there is a spot open at a rest area somewhere close for Sunday night. My truck stop guide doesn't appear to have any good suggestions for me. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.