Thursday, March 13, 2008

3/13/08

Per usual, the second graveyard shift was a little easier than the first. My assignment said drop/hook, but I actually had a live load in Kansas City so I had to take my break at the shipper. Then I headed up I-35 to US-36 and across. It seemed like it would be a little shorter than dropping down onto I-70 and going across. How did I never find that road before? That was a nice ride. It was pretty straight, pretty flat, well maintained, with almost no traffic to mention. Most of Missouri was 65mph, then it went to 60mph closer to Illinois, then I was on I-72 (at 55mph of course). A little rain and a little fog overnight, but an easy shift nonetheless. I had time for a little break along the way, so all in all I'd say things went well.

My directions to my delivery said to go to the shipping department. Since I was dropping off, I decided to take the receiving entrance. And then they sent me to shipping. I guess that's what I get for thinking. It looks like the WalMart a few miles away will be my best bet for parking once I'm empty in a few minutes, so I'll get on the board and lay down for a bit. Hopefully a big weekend is in store.

Seven paychecks since I unloaded the shit at UPS; Seven paychecks without my $35. Not cool. $35 won't make or break me, but I did the work that the union guys refuse to do, so it's not unreasonable to expect my pay. Otherwise it was a pretty big check, so the $35 drama will have to go on for at least another week I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.