Monday, March 10, 2008

3/10/08

I guess I could act all gung-ho like I prefer to drive more than five hours a day, but you would all know right away that I was full of shit. Five on and nineteen off seems to fit my work ethic just fine. Of course, running five hours a day doesn't pay the bills. Damn, there always seems to be a catch. Hopefully things will line up better for me starting Wednesday morning. Last week has the month off to a good start, so I don't need a huge week to follow it; just a decent one.

I headed west this morning and drove until the sky started to darken. Looks like that rain is moving out of Texas. My experiences in the rain lately have left me screaming obscenities at other motorists, so I figured I might as well stop and spare myself the headache. I only have a few hundred miles to go, with a day and a half to get there. I'll head out tomorrow afternoon and reach the Dallas area after the stores have closed for the night. There are plenty of movies on my hard drive these days, so I guess I'll put up my feet and unwind. Believe it or not, there is presently nobody idling next to me in the sixty degree weather. Yeah, I know... give it some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.