Sunday, November 25, 2007

11/25/07

You know what's annoying? Waking up in a state, driving all day, and then going to bed in the same state. This trip is like one big enigma. It's so damn boring that I can't stand it, but there's nothing around to distract me so I just keep on driving.

I knocked out nine hours today and then pulled in for the night. My 70 hour clock is feeling the strain of the hard running, so I can only work eight hours tomorrow. I could have done eleven today and six tomorrow, but why bother?

My internet connection here is utterly pathetic. I've been trying to reply to a few e-mails for fifteen minutes now and it looks like tonight's just not the night. I even tried connecting to the Siricomm service here, but that doesn't appear to be working either. Montana apparently goes in the North Dakota camp concerning internet service - painfully slow and/or nonexistent. Luckily for me, I have no plans to move out here any time soon.

I'll have enough hours to get to the T/A in North Bend tomorrow, so that's the strategy I guess. I've never had much luck parking any closer to the Seattle area, so I'll stay there tomorrow night and then finish off the run on Tuesday morning. I imagine today was my last free pass regarding traffic and parking. Tomorrow the holiday weekend is over and it's back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.