Tuesday, November 27, 2007

11/27/07

It looks like I made a good call by getting to North Bend yesterday. Apparently it got pretty nasty up on Snoqualmie Pass last night and they had to shut it down for a while. Everything was cool when I came across but I guess that didn't last. Later today I heard on the radio that chains were still required for CMV's up there. Even a blind squirrel... I suppose.

My trip was pretty easy this morning. Tiger Summit was the hill that I remembered from before, but it was below the snow line so it was just rainy and slow. No biggie. I got to the customer a couple of hours early, but they unloaded me quickly anyway. I had to drop the trailer in the dock, then wait over by the office and go back for the trailer once it was empty. Again, no biggie.

Once I was empty I had to implement my 'don't ask, don't tell' policy. I saw a spot where it looked like nobody was parking. If I asked them whether or not I could park there, they would most likely say no. So I didn't ask. I just pulled aside and put my feet up for a few hours. Then I got my beep and headed south...

A whopping fifteen miles south, that is. This is one of those "to be determined" loads. I headed down here and dropped my empty this afternoon, but they're supposed to let me know where I'm going by tomorrow morning. Stop me if you've heard this one before, but another day wasted is not what I was looking for. The last time I picked up at this place, I got a nice long run to Michigan, so I'm hoping for something like that. I don't really care where it goes, but that 2,000 mile type thing would do wonders for my paycheck right now. About the only other thing I'm hoping for is that the snow in the mountains gets cleaned up before I have to head out of town.

I walked over to the Full Belly Deli and grabbed some lunch. I spotted the two cute girls inside as I was parking my bobtail, but I actually went in because I was hungry, believe it or not. They make a hell of a grilled Italian panini sandwich. Pepperoni, salami, mozzarella, Provolone, pesto, mmm... good stuff. So now I'm stuffed and I'm not sure what the bathroom situation looks like at this place. That might be an issue in a few hours. Anyhow, I'm scheduled to roll at 6am (my time) so we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.