Monday, November 26, 2007

11/26/07

Well, North Bend it is. I got here around 3pm local time and the place was already pretty damn full. I got into a spot, no thanks to the lazy bastards who just park wherever they feel like it and block the lanes for the rest of us.

The drive was another uneventful affair today. I did learn a couple of things - (1) Ricola soothes my throat better than Hall's and (2) they appear to have some issues with crystal meth in the Pacific Northwest (judging by all of the billboards). I had loaded a bunch of comedy CD's onto my USB flash drive so, combining that with my FM transmitter, I had several hours of entertainment to fill the void left by my XM radio. The weather ranged from a low of twelve degrees to a high of thirty-eight, depending mainly on the elevation in a given place. Some of the higher spots had icy patches here and there, but nothing to get excited about.

My Sprint internet service here is terribly slow again, so I sprung for the $4.79 one-day deal from T/A. My inbox has been piling up on me for a few days and I have some time to kill, so what the hell? At least it works for a change. I tried three or four different wifi hotspots over the last two days and none of them were even usable. I guess, in hindsight, that kept me from wasting time but it was still disappointing.

I have to go about thirty miles or so to make this delivery tomorrow. It's mostly on a state highway (18) that I believe I traveled once before. As I recall it, there was at least one pretty steep hill and the forecast tonight looks pretty shitty so I'll leave myself plenty of time for tomorrow. The appointment is 9am, which is noon for me, so I can still have a pretty relaxing morning. I guess now I'll get cracking on all the stuff I didn't get to over the weekend. No XM, no internet, and no cell phone... it was almost like the early 1990's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.