Monday, October 11, 2010

10/11/10

You know what's even more boring than the usual day-to-day routine, which is awfully boring in its own right?  Lying around all day and trying not to move.  This is really freaking boring.  I don't know though.  Maybe it will help.  I'm not going to do anything tonight to put things to the test, but I haven't been in any terrible pain during any of the brief times when I've gotten up and walked around today.  That's a start.  In the event that I don't see any discernible progress within the next week or so, it'll probably be time to get depressed or something.  I did a little reading on the good old WWW today.  A search of my symptoms produces a whole lot of shit concerning disks and whatnot.  That can't be good. 

Let's hope we're just in the realm of the torn muscle.  Those symptoms appear to be pretty similar and I've navigated that issue successfully on my own before, more than once.  The fact that I started out with a sore back last week is the only thing that gives me pause.  I wasn't in a violent accident though, I didn't suffer a sudden injury, and I don't have trouble controlling my bowel functions.  So far it sounds like I might be able to work my way out of this little mess without any medical interference.  A fella can hope.

Aside from getting up to speed on the world of sciatica, there wasn't a whole lot to do today.  Just reading and listening to the radio basically.  World news is dominated by American politics.  American politics is (are?) dominated by lying sacks of shit.  More boredom to heap on top of the existing boredom.  I'll get back in the swing of things tomorrow morning with a load going to Midland and Mount Pleasant.  That's the longest milk run in our portfolio, meaning that an awful lot of sitting is in store for me.  I'm not convinced that tomorrow is the time to get back in the gym after work, but it sounds like I should do so if and when the pain eases up a bit.  So I have that going for me... which is nice.

3 comments:

  1. Usually the muscle issue is settled but the nerve which has been contacted is sensitive just like a blister. Try Naprosin, 500 mg. It is an anti-inflammatory. I swear by it for just what you are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A while ago I mentioned about a truck driver who got fired for blogging well an electrican got fired for blogging about the work camp he was in, in the oil sands. one has to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that Naprosyn stuff being helpful when I had a torn something-or-other back in the day. That's why I decided to try the Aleve after everything else had failed this time. (Same underlying drug, as I understand it.) It did seem to help at least a little bit during Sunday's trip.

    I'm trying to be an optimist and taking the first part of that first comment to mean that the nerve will get around to healing eventually. That would be pretty awesome.

    I suppose that, if people are going to get fired for writing about their work, I have no choice. This blog is now about back injuries and ass pain, with a few column inches reserved for other topics that I deem appropriate on any given day. Since I don't write much about work anymore as it is, we might as well just make it official.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.