Saturday, September 4, 2010

9/4/10

Would it be distasteful to make a joke referencing Jerry's kids?  After all, my Irish did handle Purdue today and the only Purdue person with whom I'm familiar is named Jerry.  You know, the whole handi-capable thing as a parallel to the unfortunate Boilermakers.  Eh, this sort of thing is probably not allowed in the year 2010.  Therefore I'll just commend Purdue for a great effort.  You tried hard and that's what really matters... or something.

I was reduced to listening to the radio broadcast by way of my newly acquired Blackberry applications today, but I'll get around to watching the video on nbc.com before next week.  I need to spot enough flaws to convince me that Notre Dame will lose to Michigan.  When you live amongst these people, it's best to prepare for the worst.  Then, every now and again, you can be pleasantly surprised.  Otherwise you're ready to accept your fate.

For a day with two loads, today was a pretty simple affair.  My first run to Howell struck me as odd.  It had seven pallets of milk.  That was all.  Those guys even pull their own milk off the trailer, so I basically drove out there, hung around for a few minutes, shoved a few pallets of empties into my trailer, and headed back to the dairy.  Good deal.

The second load took a little more work.  My first stop was in Jackson, at the store on Argyle Street.  That one has a really bad loading dock, so I wound up having the dairy guy pull with the pallet jack while I pushed from behind.  It takes a little longer to do things this way, given that I have to wait for him to take each pallet down to the dairy cooler, but I wasn't in the mood to dump any pallets today.  Better to take our time and play it safe.

The second stop turned out to be a long one, mainly because the people there were so disorganized, but again we managed to avoid any major issues.  The last stop was quick and easy and that was that.

Tomorrow's workload is a heavy one.  I'll have one load going to Imlay City, Lapeer, and Burton, followed by a second load with three more stops in the Toledo area.  My second stop on that second run will take me back to the scene of the crime.  Four weeks to the day.  Here's hoping for a better outcome this time around.  After all, a single fella has to try and keep up in the world when the gals are holding us back... or something.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Joe for the "Jerry's" kids mention. Appropriate for the Labor Day weekend. I understand that due to some horrible twist of fate or a misspent youth you are a ND fan. They did win the game against PU and for that they get to have the shillelagh back. Seems an appropriate prize for ND....a stick. I think I may have an idea where to store that prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I live with all these degenerates in Michigan, just for good measure. The crosses we bear...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.