Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8/31/10

I mentioned not too long ago that iheartradio was quite helpful to me as I rolled through Kentucky.  There's already a new kid in Blackberry town though, and his name is WunderRadio.  Iheartradio has a much nicer interface, but its offerings are limited to around 750 ClearChannel stations.  WunderRadio has a freaking ton of channels and apparently no loyalty to any single distributor.  Now if only we could convince those hooligans at Major League Baseball to allow internet streams of the games without requiring a subscription.

As I started to put on my socks and shoes in preparation for work this morning, I got a call from the terminal.  I was given a one word question - "Tennessee?"  You betcha.  More money and less work than a typical milk run.  By golly, that's just my style.  I haven't lobbied openly for more runs to Murfreesboro but I certainly have made sure that each dispatcher knows I'm more than happy to head down there.  It seems that, for today at least, my efforts have paid off.

This trip seemed to be even better than my previous runs down to the Volunteer State.  I chalk up the difference to the fact that I started well after 10am.  I trust that we all know the significance of 10am by now.  I did hit Cincinnati right in the middle of rush hour, but otherwise the trip was a beauty.

After dropping off my trailer full of empty milk cases, I went on the hunt for an empty trailer to pull back to Michigan.  I found exactly one, so I hooked to it and headed for the exit.  Not so fast, my friend...  The security gal said that the trailer in question was a dedicated Mississippi trailer and that I couldn't take it.  Well shit, that was the only empty one.  What now?  I had to wait around for another trailer to be unloaded, after which I was free to take it and head back to the north.

A night of sleep at the good old Super 8 may prove to be even better than a day of sleep here.  We'll find out soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like that you are happy with your new job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, I like my job (as a milk delivery fella) best when I'm not delivering milk.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.