Thursday, September 2, 2010

9/2/10

I am able to make it through my two days off in a week without having a cookout.  That's something that we learned today.  We also learned that it really sucks to do my chest workout immediately after my leg workout.  Really though, I think we probably already knew about that part.

Unless any of you have any tales of woe to dissuade me, I think I'll grab one of those FloTV things from Target tomorrow after work.  I only have one load with two stops so I should be done somewhat early, with the usual caveat that things can always change.  My two stores are the shitty one on the southwest edge of Flint and the shitty one on Dixie Highway in Saginaw.  I've never delivered more than five or six pallets to either store, so I don't expect a terribly rough afternoon of work.  We'll see.  I got a pay raise yesterday, meaning that the new daily minimum has increased by a couple of bucks.  The new floor is just over $140 and this load pays less, so I'm set to make just over $140 tomorrow.

I tend to get a single load on Saturdays but that single load tends to carry me through the whole afternoon, so I've been kicking around the idea of getting a little portable TV to watch for a few minutes before and after each delivery.  My two newly acquired radio applications will certainly provide me with coverage of the games, but Don Criqui does a horrible job of keeping the listener up to speed on things.  (Not that the NBC television guys are a whole lot better, but at least the picture is helpful.)  The question is whether I'd rather have the free OTA channels in southeastern Michigan or whether I'd rather have the cable channels and pay fifteen bucks a month.  The idea that I can get ESPN and Fox Sports as part of the deal seems to make the FloTV a pretty good option.  I dunno.

2 comments:

  1. Look it up on Amazon.com and read the reviews for the Flo TV. They are very mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those reviews. Not sure what to make of them.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.