Sunday, May 9, 2010

5/9/10

Another disappointing end to hockey season... Time to look forward to a long and disappointing baseball season.  For better or for worse though, I actually forgot to watch the game last night.  I got caught up in some other pursuits and 4am arrived before I knew it.

I think that, if I could drive six hours a day, every day, I would strike the perfect balance between the money that I need to earn and the driving that bores me to death.  I'm still stuck in the real world though, so we'll have to view the long days as profitable and the short days as easy and leave it at that.  Four and a half hours would fall under the short and easy category, with the additional bonus of cool overnight weather and no alarm clock.

Today's 255 miles got me to the little truck stop in Glenpool, Oklahoma.  I don't know exactly how far I'll have left to reach Kansas City from here, but it looks like another 250-300 miles tomorrow will do the trick.  My delivery is somewhere off I-435 and we have a drop yard off I-435, so I'm guessing that the consignee and drop yard aren't too far apart.  There seems to be a lot of industry concentrated in a small area over there.  So there shouldn't be any parking issues tomorrow night.  So it shouldn't matter what time I get to Kansas City.  So it shouldn't matter what time I leave here.  Beauty.  And a nice cool, rainy evening in Oklahoma tonight, just for good measure.

I've had several movies on my computer in recent weeks but never got around to watching them.  With plenty of down time lately, I've been trying to get them watched and deleted.  I finally knocked out the last one tonight.  Par for the course, I suppose.  Clash of the Titans pretty much sucked.  I know that there aren't many good writers left in Hollywood these days so remakes are the big thing, but I see no value in selling a cheap impersonation of the original, masked by expensive special effects.  What was the point?

2 comments:

  1. Well my canucks won and now my daughter is pulling for the black hawks since the wings lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of her maturation as a Red Wings fan will be to learn that it's never okay to root for the Blackhawks. Not even when she's taking sides against Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.