Monday, May 10, 2010

5/10/10

If April showers bring May flowers, then what do May showers bring?  June flowers?  That would just be stupid.  We're gonna need to get the research department on this one.

One thing that cool rainy days do bring is a break from the greenhouse effect while I'm sleeping in the morning.  That's pretty sweet.  By the time a buddy of mine called and woke me this morning, it was after 11am and about time for me to get rolling.  I didn't need to reach Kansas City at any particular time this evening, but my life would be made a lot easier if I left enough time for a ten hour break before tomorrow's delivery.  The drive up US-169 through Oklahoma and Kansas was surprisingly simple and the rain was enough to keep my windshield free of bugs.  Beauty.

About the only negative was that I hit the Kansas City area right in the middle of the afternoon rush.  Once I got into Missouri it wasn't bad.  The Kansas side was a parking lot though.  Probably still feeling all macho about those guys who got killed at the beginning of The Outlaw Josey Wales or something.  "Verminous, lying, Missouri scum!"  Or maybe they were just trying to get home from work.  I don't know.  In any event, I got settled into our drop yard a little while ago and I'm only about five miles from where I need to deliver in the morning.  Good enough.

My internet connection is bouncing between 'really fast' and 'virtually nonexistent' so we'll see if I can catch some of the ballgame on "the internet," as the kids are calling it these days.  It's too cold and rainy outside to lift weights and my movies are all finished.  Maybe it's time to read a book anyway.  Still a few of those lying around.

I'll leave you this evening with a pair of videos.  One nearly made me fall out of my seat laughing.  The other... I can't decide if it's totally awesome or really freaking weird.  I'll let you figure out which is which.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.