Friday, January 1, 2010

1/1/10

Remember when there were like 20 bowl games on January 1st every year? You could sleep off a hangover and then sit on the couch watching football until midnight, skipping around between three or four games at a time along the way. I liked it better that way. This Rose Bowl has been pretty entertaining so far, I guess. I still say that they should go back to the old bowl system though.

Today's route was even easier than I expected it to be. I knew that the stretch on I-20 was pretty sparsely populated, but I wasn't quite sure about the next part. I angled up from Sweetwater to Wichita falls on TX-70, FM-57, TX-92, and US-277. It seems that I recall some previous trips through Wichita Falls having involved construction and major traffic jams, but there was none of that today. US-277 was a freeway all the way into town and then there was a ramp directly onto I-44. Beauty.

I was glad to see that I have a nice fast internet connection at the first service plaza in Oklahoma, so it looks like this will be home for the night. 412 miles on the odometer for the day, so I'm right on pace for a steady weekend. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.