Saturday, December 26, 2009

12/26/09

Many if you are aware of this, but it bears repeating that good days on the road tend to produce bad posts here on Tales from the Road.

In terms of traffic, holiday weekends are as good as it gets. Today was no exception. I cruised right across the rest of Texas and most of New Mexico without any delays. Even my fuel stop in Amarillo was wide open today. Usually I get stuck waiting in line at that place.

In terms of moronic interactions with my employers, most of the people in Joplin have the weekend off. With no asinine satellite messages to wake me, I was able to sleep well into the morning, waking only when my body decided that it was good and ready.

In terms of moronic interactions with customers, well, all I had to do today was drive. No customers until Tuesday morning, so that takes care of that part.

In terms of weather, nothing to report. Sunny skies and dry roads. It was pretty cold in the higher elevations, but my truck is equipped with a heater.

I stopped at the truck stop in Jamestown, New Mexico for an Italian BMT with double meat and then decided that I had gone far enough today. Another 434 miles on the odometer this time around, so we're staying ahead of the game. I have somewhere around 670 miles to go and two full days of driving in which to do it. Nice and easy, at least until I get to the L.A. area on Tuesday.

The pay week wraps up with 2,531 miles plus my holiday pay for Christmas. Steady as she goes. Now as long as we can get through Flagstaff tomorrow without any snow issues, all will be well.

Happy Boxing Day, hosers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.