Sunday, October 4, 2009

10/4/09

Well, sometimes I guess 162 games just aren't enough. The only way for the Tigers to fail to clinch the AL Central was to lose two of three to Chicago and to have the Twins win all three against Kansas City. Surely with Greinke going yesterday for the Royals and Verlander today for the Tigers, this scenario couldn't happen, right? And... big game in Minneapolis on Tuesday. At least they pulled out a win today though. Losing the division outright would have been quite the embarrassment.

Wins for my Irish and Skins make it a complete weekend overall, I suppose. Style points might have to wait for another weekend on both accounts, but a win is a win, by golly.

There wasn't much to today's drive. A few hours of the old double nickel up to the industrial park in Romeoville and that was that. The consignee opens at 8am tomorrow, so hopefully I can get unloaded quickly and then kick next week off to a good start. I know that I've picked up loads in this area plenty of times in the past. Barring any major freight shortages, I don't see any reason to think I'll be stuck on the board very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.