Saturday, October 10, 2009

10/10/09

Given the amount of my free time that is spent in truck stops, there should be very little by now that surprises me. There are still a few things though. I stopped at the Pilot in Colonial Heights this morning to grab a bite to eat and use the restroom. A tall man, around fifty years old, strode up to the urinal next to me. He then proceeded to drop his pants to his ankles and do his business. What the hell is that all about? Thankfully, I was wrapping up my own work at the time. Shaking the dew, if you will. I couldn't get out of there fast enough, to say the least. Freaking weird, man.

As I approached D.C. it was looking like I had a long afternoon in store for me. Coming out of the Virginia scales, I ran into traffic at a dead stop on I-95. It was bumper-to-bumper for about eight or nine miles. Then, for no apparent reason, the traffic jam was gone and the rest of the drive went quite smoothly.

The service plazas in Jersey outside Philadelphia seemed like a pretty good bet in terms of finding a fast enough internet connection to watch some football, so I took a look at my atlas and saw that I could stop at either Mile 39 or Mile 59. The one at Mile 59 has a Blimpie sandwich shop, as opposed to a Burger King at Mile 39, so the one with the Blimpie was the winner. The Blimpie Best is no Italian BMT with double meat but it's a pretty solid sandwich in its own right.

The pay week wraps up with 2,843 miles plus somewhere around $90 in northeast pay. Around here we call that a pretty solid week at the office. With only 150 miles left to drive tomorrow, my log book should be well rested and ready to get a good start to next week as well.

Now I do believe it's time to see what the gang at myp2p.eu has on tap for us football fans today. And, just for the record, high school kids in Michigan play baseball with temperatures in the 20's and snow flurries at the beginning of every season. Those Major Leaguers in Colorado are a bunch of sissies.

2 comments:

  1. 'Tis better to be a Tide fan dissatisfied than an Ole Miss fan satisfied! Fortunately that wasn't an issue today. I will further my views of utilitarianism by saying: Roll Tide!

    The Crimson Tide truly does maximize utility. I encourage you to find a higher mode of existence in this truth. Repent, brother.

    p.s. Driving in the Northeast sucks. Especially New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lads answer to a higher power. Therefore the useful (or useless, as the case may be) outcomes of the SEC's illegal recruiting practices and boring offenses have no bearing on our understanding of virtue.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.