Tuesday, August 11, 2009

8/11/09

I really do love my mother and all, but that alarm at 7am this morning was pretty brutal. I think I would have been content to sleep until noon. Breakfast is truly overrated... or something. I did manage to doze off for a little while after I got back home though, so I guess all's well that ends well.

I headed up to work later in the morning and grabbed my loaded trailer. The dispatcher gave me a nice late ETA for tomorrow so I could take my time on the way to Wisconsin. Not surprisingly, I was feeling a little sluggish by the time I got out to Western Michigan. A good long nap did the trick and I got back on the road shortly before my Tigers started their game against those dirty little thugs from Boston. The game, complete with a bench-clearing brawl and a lengthy rain delay, lasted long enough to keep me entertained all the way to the Wisconsin welcome center on I-90. That's enough for today.

I have until 10pm tomorrow to reach Menomonie and make my drop/hook on the back end of this run. I'm sure I'll get there much sooner, but I am most certainly not setting an alarm tonight. My little respite at home has, per usual, left me feeling more worn out than I do after a few long days on the road. My log book is stocked full of hours and I have a long break scheduled for the beginning of September. Time to get settled back into the routine and do some driving... I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.