Monday, August 10, 2009

8/10/09

What comes to mind when you open your eyes in the morning? For me, it's apparently not what I would hope that it was. No, in point of fact, it seems that I think of padlocks. I rolled over this morning, looked at the clock, and then realized that I left my padlock on the trailer that I dropped yesterday. Shit.

So then... a really quick (and completely convenient) trip down to Temperance it is (at 6am). Win some and lose some, I suppose. My trailer hadn't been moved so I was able to retrieve my lock without any issues.

I probably should have gone to the Secretary of State and renewed my license after my morning drive, but instead I went back home and took a long nap. Sue me. I got an assignment several hours later. Since the loads out of Michigan tend to be overnight beer or water runs, I was happy to find that I didn't have to leave until tomorrow morning. Beers at the pub (even during a Tigers' loss) are clearly better than working all night.

My next assignment will take me from the Taylor yard up to the northwest corner of Wisconsin. I thought that I had managed to fly below the radar for a while, but apparently an informant sold me out to Mom. Now I get to go to Pete's Place for breakfast at 7am and then head to work. That's exciting. No chance that I'll have a hangover tomorrow, of course. No chance at all.

I wish that I had more to say tonight but I don't. Buzzes are notoriously unforgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.