Tuesday, June 9, 2009

6/9/09

I intended to do a little less driving and a lot less eating today. Fail. I had dinner plans at 6pm in Livonia and I was sitting around with nothing to do at 3pm, so I went out for a leisurely drive to kill some time. Something just doesn't seem right about that. I need to drive less, not more. It was a nice ride though. You can, in the span of two miles, go from the upscale neighborhoods in the old part of Dearborn to some pretty depressing areas just to the north. All a part of living in the Rust Belt, I suppose.

I still didn't manage to take long enough, so I spent some time at the Barnes & Noble right near the restaurant where I would be meeting some friends. I killed an hour picking up books that I had no intention of buying and then putting them back on the shelf. Before I left the bookstore I thought that I would grab a glass of iced tea for the road. I went into the little café and then changed my mind. Coffee tastes awful to me but a banana smoothie sounded terrific. A smoothie would be much better than an iced tea. I think the chick was mocking me as she handed it over. Damned coffee snobs. I must not be sophisticated enough for the year 2009.

At the restaurant I made a lovely discovery. Buca di Beppo now has a baked rigatoni on the menu. Oy! That was fantastic. And I ate way too much. Story of life these days. Unfortunately I also have a lunch engagement tomorrow. Maybe I can eat something light. Haha, I know, that one made me chuckle too.

So that hockey game was pretty entertaining, eh? Hopefully we'll get another good show for Game 7 on Friday. I'll be back to work at that point, but I'll try and find a fast enough internet connection wherever I am.

2 comments:

  1. you are right on that one good game can't any better than game 7 in Detroit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don Cherry is predicting a victory for the Winged Wheelers.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.