Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6/10/09

Okay man. Here's the deal. At this time tomorrow, I promise to have no alcohol in my system. You know... unless there's no freight and I'm still here and such. (Obviously we must allow for contingencies.)

I did spend another few minutes tending to some sort of work-related activity today. This means, of course, that I stopped by the terminal and put clean sheets on the bed in my truck. That's about as far as the 'trucking blog' angle will go tonight. Sorry.

I've been meaning to get together with a friend for the last few months and the timing of my trips home hasn't worked out, so today seemed like a good day to meet her for lunch. Some girly nonsense for her and a big old cheeseburger for me. That was nice. The afternoon involved a lengthy nap and then I was due to visit another friend. This time around the meal consisted of grilled sausages and peppers. That also was nice. One almost might think that I eat too much or something. I don't know. Who am I to judge? I did manage to knock back my half of a twelve pack along the way though.

One the way home I was compelled to stop by a local pub and catch the back end of a pretty good victory for the Tigers. Still in first place... for now. Then you know how it goes. Had to grab a couple of talls from the Middle Eastern gents on the corner to round out the night. I'm due at work by 7:30am so I guess it's bedtime now. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.