Monday, June 8, 2009

6/8/09

There was kinda sorta something work-related that happened today... for a minute anyway. I was on a turbocharged take-no-prisoners laundry kick at a laundromat in Riverview this afternoon when I walked out to my car to grab a book to read. My phone was lying on the front seat and there was a 'missed call' message on the screen. "CFI Operations," said the caller ID. (I haven't changed the nomenclature on my phone, nor do I see any need to do so.)

I then saw that I had a voicemail message. Not exactly anxious to see what this was about, I went ahead and listened. The folks in Missouri wanted to confirm that I was set to return to work on Thursday morning. Eh, yeah. That's what I told the dude in Taylor when I got here last week. So I made a quick call and confirmed my return date. I have no idea what that was all about. And this concludes the part of today's post that was kinda sorta work-related.

I got everything done that needed to be done before 5pm, so the rest of the day was earmarked for relaxation. Mom called at some point and said that my brother and his new bride were on their way down from Traverse City and would be stopping by for dinner. I had his golf clubs in my car and I'm never one to pass up a good cheeseburger, so Mom's house for dinner it was. Cheeseburgers... mmmm.


After dinner I hung out and watched the Tigers as they gave a rather lackluster performance against those thugs from Chicago. It turns out that my parents have cable TV and lots of beer left from the weekend. Yeah, really, who knew? (Hint: I knew.) And another late night ensued from that point. I should probably get some more rest one of these days.

2 comments:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.