Sunday, May 24, 2009

5/24/09

I was forced to write another new law today. Effective immediately, the residents of Texas are forbidden to drive on any major freeway when rain is falling from the sky. 35mph in the left lane is absolutely unacceptable under any circumstance, especially when traffic in the right lane is also moving at 35mph. I now have data points ranging from El Paso to San Antonio to Dallas to Houston. The facts speak for themselves. These people can't drive in the rain.

The depressing saga of my days in the darkness continued for another chapter today. It was sunny when I left Slidell. That lasted for about ten minutes. Then the soakers started. The people in Louisiana weren't handling the rainy weather a whole lot better, but they at least had the sense to get the hell out of the way when I approached from behind them in the left lane. The traffic from Orange to Houston was ludicrous. The traffic in Houston was worse. By the time I got onto US-290 toward Austin, I had endured all that I could handle. I found a Shell station with truck parking within a few minutes and thus managed to preserve what little is left of my sanity. It looks like I'll have about 60 miles to drive in the morning.

Since my recommendations regarding traffic laws will never be implemented, I'll go ahead and make a recommendation for the folks who play hockey in Chicago. This recommendation won't be implemented either, but here goes... Every team that plays the Red Wings, every year in the playoffs, year after year after year, thinks that it will intimidate them and gain some kind of advantage. It doesn't work. They've seen it all a thousand times and they're better than you. Knock off the cheap shots after the whistle and you won't spend as much time in the penalty box. Your wannabe tough guy routine is not helping your cause. If your coach isn't going to tell you this, then somebody has to.

It's not raining. I'll be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.