Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/18/09

Damn dude. I was up late last night. Really, really late. So when I rolled out of bed around noon today I expected to have moved up the board a little bit. I was #64. Damn dude.

After hanging around all morning and not seeing any movement, I headed into town to bum around and kill some time. With my belly full of Monterey Jack and chorizo I rolled back to the terminal and checked the board again. #63. Damn dude.

I connected to the IdleAire signal across the street and watched some football for a while. The NFL isn't all that interesting to me when I have no money rooting interest involved, but it's better than nothing. After a few hours I was up to #56. Damn dude.

I received a message from the local dispatcher asking if I wanted to run some local stuff for tomorrow. Sure, might as well. I headed in to see what they had for me and he said that I could take up to three deliveries. I wouldn't have minded a few more, but I guess they have to spread the work around a little. You know, brotherhood of man and all that good stuff. The broker for the load that I brought here from Florida is about four miles away. The three others to which I'll be delivering are all within two miles. I guess, as long as there are no major issues, I should be able to knock them out within a couple of hours and earn my $75. That sounds better than sitting around all day and waiting for my turn to come around.

It's probably safe to conclude at this point that the hundreds of trailers on the yard this weekend are not in fact headed north. Something will hopefully come across tonight or tomorrow, headed toward home. I think it's getting to be time for a couple dozen beers and I to get together down at Kelly's Pub.

3 comments:

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.