Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1/20/09

I have exorcised the demons! Satan's Driveway has been tamed. I've had good trips up I-35 and I've had bad trips up I-35. Until last night, I don't think I've ever gone the whole way without dropping below the speed limit. My first instinct would be to say that I got lucky with my timing, but I think we all know the real reason. When I got tired and pulled into the rest area north of Austin, I saw an empty space. It was blocked by a truck parked behind the trucks in the actual parking spaces. After the morning's blindside backing escapades, it somehow seemed awfully easy to pass up the parking area and then back my way into the open spot on my right.

After a ten hour break there, it was back onto Satan's Driveway for more pedal to the metal driving. No slowdowns at all, not even in the construction zones. I stopped at our terminal in West Memphis for tonight's break. After ten hours here I'll head north. I've heard that global warming has finally been solved in the Midwest. A new era indeed.

I do poke fun at all of the idol worship for the new messiah whenever I get the chance, but I am starting to wonder just a little. When forty of the bad guys die from plague... could it really be?

3 comments:

  1. Thats funny the Messiah got you a parking spot. Say amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joe, my wife and I are in crowder boot camp and have hit the hay early to take our "morning drive" around downtown in the morning. I stayed up too late last night rereading your posts about your time here, great read and very accurate too. I have also become addicted to your blog, I read it daily. I wish I was home when you drove through Austin as my house is about a half mile off IH 35 Grand Ave exit adjacent Pflugerville, truck parking within walking distance. It would have been an honor to let you shower and sleep for your break. Btw my daughter posed for the company you seem to think is a ripoff, you know, the one about dating.... but really I hope to meet you in person one day if we make it through all this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I hear about locusts in Iran, I'm becoming a Democrat before it's too late.

    Jonathan, I hope that your daughter doesn't get caught up in my lawsuit. I have more evidence to present when the time is right and I'm out for blood.

    The bar at the hotel down the street from Booneslick Lodge has Guinness on tap, err, so I'm told. I don't know if that information is useful to you or not, but I just thought I would share. Good luck with the rest of the process out there and I'll look out for you on the big road.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.