Saturday, January 17, 2009

1/17/09

Going through the motions... I guess that's the usual routine for me, but now we're getting closer to a trip home so it all just seems like the tedious countdown. It was the standard Louisiana to Laredo routine today. Up in the morning, inspect the truck. Ho hum. Get through Houston and stop for lunch. Ho hum. Cruise down US-59 and pull into the inspection bay. Ho hum. Drop my trailer on the repair line so that a clearance light can be replaced. Ho hum. Grab a tail light from the parts room and replace the bad one on my truck. Ho hum. Check in with the dispatcher to get on the board. Ho hum.

The whole day was like one long sleepwalking episode. I don't remember any part of it distinctly, but here I am in Laredo. I was #74 on the board when I got here. I'm up to #66 now. Since I'm on the list to go home, I guess there's a chance that I'll get out of here tomorrow. There seem to be quite a few trailers on the yard this time around. Hopefully a lot of them are loaded and heading north. The week wraps up with 1,923 miles plus the $25 for the local run. That's the second $750 week in the last month or so. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.