Sunday, January 11, 2009

1/11/09

If I pick your team to win, then your quarterback will suck the proverbial big one. There's just no getting around it.

I was up pretty late working on some things last night. Since it has been so cold and dreary outside, I thought I would sleep soundly through the morning. The sun came out today though. Damn greenhouse effect. Oh well, might as well get rolling.

It was an easy day on the freeways out of Illinois, through Kentucky, and into Tennessee. Once I got through Nashville I decided to call it a day. I was feeling a little tired from last night's lack of sleep, so I pulled into the T/A in Antioch. Yeah, we'll be scratching that place off the list. What the hell? It was 3:20pm locally and there wasn't a single parking space open. Further to that, the bastards who are too lazy to acknowledge that there were no spaces were parked all over the damn lot. It was a pain in the ass just trying to maneuver my way back out to the exit.

Once I got back onto the freeway I drove another half hour or so down to the Love's in Christiana. Plenty of parking here. Tomorrow's drive should be somewhere under four hours. I haven't decided yet how to attack the parking situation outside Atlanta. Today's clusterfuck has given me pause. Atlanta has more truck traffic than Nashville does and I'll be closer to the city than I was today. There's a small truck stop listed in my directory near my consignee. There are a few bigger ones along the loop, a little further out of the way. Or I might just arrive later in the evening and try to park in the consignee's lot. I don't know. Whatever. I always seem to come up with something.

In any case, I'll get a full break in before I'm empty on Tuesday. This will mean that I've done my part in terms of being ready to run. The rest will be up to the freight assigner people.

If I can just get this false advertising lawsuit rolling and reach a settlement though, I won't ever have to drive again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.