Saturday, December 27, 2008

12/27/08

Well now I'm all twisted around. Day is night. Night is day. I'm not sure how I'll fall asleep later, but I really don't feel like driving anymore tonight. I got up into Georgia last night before I had to stop and finish my split. I heard my alarm go off after I slept for two hours this morning and decided, "To hell with this." I went back to bed and then hung out long enough to get a full ten hour break to get out of the split. This afternoon's drive got me into Kentucky so I did manage to cover plenty of miles overall. The weather was good and the traffic, while heavy for a Saturday, was flowing nicely. I think I have six or seven hours to go from here. I suppose that I won't have to wake up too early tomorrow, so whatever time I manage to fall asleep will have to be good enough.

We wrap up the pay week with a nice 2,861 miles plus $60 in holiday pay. Back over $1,100 for the week, where I belong. My first year on the road, I got a lot of miles during the week of Christmas but my base pay was significantly lower. Last year, I don't think I was all that busy. 2,800 miles is always a solid week as far as I'm concerned, so now I'm 2 for 3 in the 'making money while other people are off the road' department. As our good friend Meatloaf would say - two out of three ain't bad.

You know what is bad though? False advertising. Bastards...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.