Thursday, December 25, 2008

12/25/08

Before I went to bed last night, I got a thoroughly dominating performance by the Fighting Irish. That's what is supposed to happen when you play a lower level bowl game, but the lads were underdogs to the mighty Rainbow Warriors. It was nice to see the offense finally come to play.

After I fell asleep last night, I was joined in a luxurious jacuzzi by Julia Roberts and Cindy Crawford. Sure it wasn't reality, but when your reality is as mundane as mine you learn to appreciate a nice dream every now and then.

After I woke this morning, I received a pre-plan for a load that will pick up in Florida tomorrow and make good use of my weekend. This hasn't been happening much lately, so it looks like my gambit of working through the holiday has paid off this time around.

When I fueled up this morning, I got $13.50 worth of driver reward points from Pilot when I bought enough fuel to earn $1.75. I must have eclipsed the 1,000 gallons for the month and got my free 1,000 points, but they were also giving double points on each gallon. Can't beat free money.

During today's drive, I found sunny skies and light traffic all the way down to Florida. A brief shower popped up, just enough to rinse the bugs from my windshield, but otherwise the day was perfect. I was able to cover 675 miles today, leaving me a short hop in the morning to make my delivery.

The check that will hit my bank account in the morning has some detention pay that I wasn't expecting plus my fourth quarter safety bonus on it. After a couple of sluggish weeks this month, a little shot in the arm for the old bank account will suit me quite nicely.

Overall I guess the old Godfather managed to find his way onto Santa's 'nice' list this time around. Hopefully the rest of you can say the same. Merry Christmas everyone.

3 comments:

  1. It was good to see 'ole Charlie go Paterno and coach from the pressbox. He doesn't look quite as much a fat ass from the neck up. They did play well, but it was Hawaii. Anyway, have a good Xmas, what's left of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just occured to me that what is considered "Fat" here in Cali might just be "healthy" there in the upper mid-west. My sincerest apologies.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.