Friday, November 14, 2008

11/14/08

It looks like I've somehow done a lot of driving since I last joined you fine folks. The lazy union thugs proud members of the United Steelworkers worked really hard took their sweet ass time getting me loaded last night. I wound up having a full ten hour break on the books before all was said and done. So I was in a pissy mood, but I drove down the road for a while. And drove... and drove... I was kinda like Forrest Gump when he went for a jog or something. I made my way to our terminal in West Memphis this morning and went to bed.

The overnight traffic was nice and light, although there was some sort of police situation going on in Knoxville on I-640. I heard guys on the radio saying that someone got shot. I just assumed that they were full of shit. Turns out the CB chatter got one right for a change.

After I woke and finished my ten hour break in West Memphis, I started rolling again. My original intent was just to go ahead and drive to Lancaster tonight. I decided to duck off at the Texas Welcome Center in Texarkana instead. I'll be spending the whole weekend in Lancaster, so there's really no need to get there tonight. The only thing I could accomplish would be to try leaving the load there for a local driver and grabbing something else, but they hardly ever let me do that anyway. Spending the night here will give me a chance to drive a few hours tomorrow morning, stop for lunch, and get to Lancaster in time for the football game. Can the University of Navy (gotta love Lou Holtz) extend its one-game winning streak over Our Lady's lads? I wish I knew. I really wish I knew. Last weekend's showing really makes me wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.