Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11/11/08

Yeah, so I guess that's that. Time to roll on down the highway for a while. I woke up this morning and got on the board at #10, then fell back asleep. By the time I was awake for good, I was up to #3. I got my assignment an hour or two after that.

I have to deliver a load in Sandusky, Ohio tomorrow morning. Since it was sitting on the yard I decided just to make today an extra day off and head out early tomorrow. I got up to the yard a little while ago to load up the truck and spend the night.

The dispatcher in Taylor got me another run to back up this short one so hopefully I'll be able to keep moving for a while. It looks like I should have a solid five weeks of driving ahead of me before I'm due back in Michigan for a little weekend vacation with the family.

Did we learn any lessons during this trip home? I guess we just confirmed that I'm a loser. I drove home and then went to Indiana for a football game. My team lost. I went out to the bar to watch the Monday night game. My team lost. I hung out with my brother and watched election results. My team lost. I drove to Boston for another football game. My team lost. Pitiful. Then, when I came up to the yard and tried to fire up my truck, the battery was dead. It does that after sitting in the cold for a week and a half. The poor dispatcher had to head out into the cold and give me a jump with the battery machine gadget thingy.

Oh well, better get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.