Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10/21/08

Start with one part tired driver. Add one part rest area with no trucks idling. Mix in some nice cool weather. Let stand. And that's how you manage to sleep until noon. Sweet.

Today's drive was a mellow and easy three and a half hours across Ohio and into Indiana. The last part on US-35 was a peaceful and relaxing roll through the farmland. I've set up at the Petro in Gaston, so we'll see if I can manage to sleep for a little while tonight. 5am deliveries are not exactly my cup of tea, but I'll have to cover the last fifteen or twenty miles before then.

Shortly after I got parked here, I received my next planned load info. Once I'm empty I'll be shooting up to Fort Wayne and then heading for New York. That will have my week starting to take shape quite nicely. Some more miles and some more northeast pay. Then one more run out of New York should have me about ready to request my home time.

Part of the job done by the people at the Fenian Godfather Institute is to oversee fairness in journalism. Some folks on the right have been crying foul about Katie Couric's interview with Governor Palin. They seem to think that the interview was edited in a way to reflect poorly on the governor. While the Insititute takes no position on the value of the questions nor the governor's answers (or non-answers), we have managed to dig up a full unedited clip of one prominent segment so that you can decide for yourselves if there was any sandbagging going on...

2 comments:

  1. That's a long distance call Doug! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a Terry Tate to enforce the rules of the road sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.