Thursday, September 18, 2008

9/18/08

I think I'm like a battered spouse or something. I really think I-35 loves me. I-35 just hasn't figured out how to show it yet. Like today, I-35 probably didn't want to have a pickup truck broken down in the center lane in the middle of Austin. It's probably my fault. We just need to talk things over, or whatever.

So yeah, that was that part of the drive. After my customary nap in San Marcos, I finished off the drive into Laredo at night and got on the board. #97 wasn't what I was hoping to hear, but we'll see how it goes. Anything dispatched by Saturday night will go on this week's pay so I'm not too concerned there. I'm already at 1,633 miles and I'm sure I'll be gone by Saturday. Any kind of decent weekend will have me in good shape. My concern is that ABC is airing the Notre Dame game everywhere in the country... 'cept the South. If I don't manage to find an internet stream, I'll need to get somewhere above the Mason-Dixon line by Saturday afternoon and try to catch a decent TV signal. #97 though... hmm. The lads have gone from 9.5 point dogs to 8.5 point dogs today, so the contrarian in me is inclined to think that they'll probably get their asses kicked anyway.

Who doesn't like a good soundboard prank call? I think my favorite had to be Col. Nathan R. Jessup from A Few Good Men hassling some chick, but I heard a new one today that was pretty decent...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.