Saturday, August 9, 2008

8/9/08


I hate the world today. You're so good to me, I know, but I can't change. Tried to tell you but you look at me like maybe I'm an angel underneath. Innocent and sweet...

Oh, seriously dude. I'm a bitch right about now. I got up like a good little trooper at 7am to get on the board. I was #6 at the time, so I asked if it was going to be a while. Yep. Back to bed.

I couldn't get back to sleep at that point, so I wound up pretty much climbing the walls around here. I think I've gotten a handle on at least one thing that was getting me down, but I don't exactly feel any more positive than I did yesterday. So... all morning... waiting. All afternoon... waiting. Getting out of town right now is probably the best thing for me to do. Waiting.

At some point, I called and found that I was up to #3. There's a dumpy little par three golf course right by the terminal, so I headed out for a round of hack and whack. That way, if my turn came up, I could just go to work and I would only lose the ten bucks for my round of golf. I checked when I got to the first tee and I was up to #1. Typical. I fully expected to get an assignment while I was on the course, but a man's gotta eat so that was just the way it would have to be.

I checked again when I got to the third tee. #1 on the board. Fifth tee. #1. Sev... oh hell, you get it. Still #1 all afternoon. Still #1 all evening. Still #1 all night. At 10:30pm, I had to call and have them take me off the board for the night. I could just see the phone call where they tell me to pick up something at 2am and drive through the night. I just don't have it in me right now, so in the interest of safety the right call was to get off the board and try to sleep. Of course, trying to sleep and actually sleeping are two different things, but that's just the way it is for me. So I'll get passed by some people who get into Taylor tonight, then I'll take my place in line tomorrow morning and see what I get.

Kick-ass 127 mile pay period for me. Groovy. I hate the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.