Thursday, August 21, 2008

8/21/08

"The uh... stuff that dreams are made of..."

I'll bet you thought that ole Bogie was talking about a falcon, didn't you? Oh no, my friends. He was talking about the possibility that the drive down Satan's Driveway (I-35) from Dallas to Laredo could be anything other than an absolute mess. Could those dreams become a reality today? No. No, they couldn't.

Rain for about twenty miles just south of Waco. We all know the rules of the road in Texas, don't we? Drive 20mph in the left lane any time some water falls from the sky. That was nice. Then it cleared up a little bit and we moved along to Austin. I don't even want to talk about Austin.

By the time I got down to San Marcos, I stopped for some dinner and hung out for a while instead of rolling into San Antonio for round three of that nonsense. That actually worked pretty well for me. The traffic cleared up before I got rolling again. I was able to blow through San Antonio at the speed limit, so at least the day ended on a more positive note.

I had more than two hours of down time in San Marcos, so an eight hour break will get me back enough hours to run the last hundred miles into Laredo tomorrow morning. I'll be bumping my 70 for the next few days but, since the weekend is coming, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

[Workout C]
Concentration Curl
Standing Calf Raise
Forearm Curl
Reverse Crunch

No real changes from the first time for this one. It's low weight, slow negatives and all that, so the point is just to feel the burn. I'm feeling the burn. Oh hell, am I ever feeling the burn. Being out of shape sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.