Sunday, July 20, 2008

7/20/08

That was about the easiest trip west along I-10 that I can recall. Even going through Houston, things moved right along at the speed limit. Any time you can hit spots like that on a weekend, things are definitely going in your favor.

I've stopped at the T/A in Ganado to grab some dinner and spend the night before heading into Laredo tomorrow. My job has definitely been more enjoyable for the past few days, compared to the few before that, so I think I'll stay out for another week or so before heading home and tending to some personal business.

I think tonight I'll catch up on some reading and try to figure out whether or not I should put an alcohol still on my parents' property up north. If I can convert my car and brew my own fuel, I may have a leg up on the rest of you suckers. Considering that we're about to elect a guy who thinks it's a good idea to have a campaign rally at Adolph Hitler's favorite monument to military domination, I don't have any good reason to think our national policies will move in the right direction any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. How was the ride across the Ten Bridge from Baton Rouge to Lafeyette? I always enjoyed that stretch. As for that ass clown Obama, he continues to show that he's in way over his head on this one. And what else do we have to chose from: A disgruntled, ex-firstlady that has been cheated on more times than Willie Nelsons' taxes, or, an old man who can't seem to remember his voting record.

    I say the Godfather and Kolie for Prez, Vice Prez. Two Irish candidates. I'm guessing there'll be some whiskey in the next Whitehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your comments about whiskey in the White House to be offensive, not only to Irish-Americans but to the current occupant (a reformed alcoholic). I distance myself from these statements and furthermore disown any churches to which you may have belonged in the past.

    Other than that though, yeah. It's a real sweet crop that we choose to 'lead' us. And if any of you Ron Paul people are reading this, I don't want to hear it. Just get back to your 'fire can't melt steel' chants and leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.