Sunday, June 8, 2008

6/8/08

I don't know how it is everywhere, but around Detroit we have sort of a mixed blessing when it comes to hot, sunny days at the ballpark. Half the young ladies have you thinking, "Thank God for tiny garments." The other half have you thinking, "Holy shit. Cover that up." The odd thing about our fair region is that, around here, the folks in the first category dress the same as those in the second.

So the game was fun. Hot as hell, but fun. They've gone to 16 oz. beers this year, as opposed to the 24 oz. offerings in years past. That sucks. I didn't try to do the 'per-ounce' math to see what was costlier. I just know that having a smaller beer means that you need a refill more quickly. (I've done studies.)

After the stirring win for the Tigers, we headed down to Mexicantown for dinner. The gorgeous waitress from Costa Rica had me convinced that I was in love, but that really just means I wanted to sleep with her. No such luck.

Now that I've wasted all of my time at home, I'll have to get some things done tomorrow. I need to get the truck over to Dearborn for a little work. Then it's the old laundry done, bills paid, loose ends tied up routine. Probably leaving town Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.