Wednesday, June 11, 2008

6/11/08

I'll just tell you right up front that I'm a miserable prick right now. Whatever I may or may not have to say, it will be through that perspective.

I went up to the terminal and it looked like a damn practical joke. There were no trailers along the north fence. Instead, they were all strewn about the middle of the yard. I don't know what that's about. Getting squared away under an empty trailer with a foot or two of clearance to the trailer in front of you is the perfect way to get back into the swing of things.

Once I got loaded at the beer shipper, I got to head down through Ohio on roads ranging from 35mph to 55mph, ahead of a 10:40am dispatch time. Gotta love those tight dispatches for no particular reason. Hauling 44,000 pounds through the hills and towns and shit is just an added bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

Down by the Ohio River, the fog went from the traditional white to some bizarre black soupy stuff. That's nice. And the directions were nonsense. And the consignee's dock faced a busy street. After I got backed in, I noticed that the paperwork says "CAN NOT TAKE 53' TRAILERS.' Par for the course, I guess.

On a positive note, I did get my next planned load information before I had to leave the dock and find a place to park. I had to head west to Cannonsville, Kentucky and set up for another overnight run, heading further west and relaying in East St. Louis. That shithole of a truckstop should be a real treat at 4am.

So I don't know man. When I was really freaking tired, like at 5:30am, I had to keep pushing through to make an ETA that had me sitting at the dock and waiting an hour to get unloaded. Now that I've fought through the fatigue and dealt with all of the hassles along the way, I have to try to sleep for a while and then do it again tonight. Whatever. I guess the miles are pretty good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Chime in any time.

There have been Visits to this here blog dohickie.